Travel and Lodging information for Historic Route 66
May 18-24, 2014: Amarillo, TX to Albuquerque, N.M.
Participants are responsible for their own transportation, though carpooling is often arranged. Regular highway vehicles are suitable for this trip. The Spring trip goes from Amarillo, Texas to Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Fall trip goes from Albuquerque to Oatman, Arizona, near the California border.
You are responsible for you own lodging on this trip. We will change lodgings several times, and it is convenient if we all stay in the same motel. Unless you prefer otherwise, I will make the reservations and you can cover the payment when we arrive at the motel.
Amarillo, Texas to Albuquerque, New Mexico
- May 18: Amarillo--Big Texan (806-372-6000)
- May 19: Tucumcari, N.M.---Blue Swallow Motel (575-461-9849)
- May 20: Tucumcari, N.M.---Blue Swallow Motel (575-461-9849)
- May 21: Santa Rosa, N.M.---Quality Inn (575-472-5570)
- May 22: Albuquerque----Best Western Rio Grande Inn (505-843-9500)
- May 23: Albuquerque----Best Western Rio Grande Inn (505-843-9500)
- May 24: --Everyone heads home by their own route